Patent Team (Electronics, Electricity & Physics), Branch Offices
Patent Attorney (2006)
Education and Training
Master of Science in Department of Electrical Engineering and Applied Electronic Technology, Tsinghua University, 2004
Bachelor of Science in Electronic Information Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnic University, 2001
Received a training for the U.S. Patent Law and practice from an IP law firm in the USA from March to June 2008
Joined CPA in 2004, and successively served as the deputy manager of Electronics and Electrical Department of Beijing Office, the deputy manager in charge of Electronics and Electrical Department of Hong Kong Headquarters, the manager of Patent Application Department of Hong Kong Headquarters, the Director of Shenzhen Office, and now as the Director of Shanghai Office
Consumer Goods & Smart Tech, Computer and Network Technology, Communication, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data, Semiconductors and Microelectronics, Image Processing, Optoelectronic Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering
Patent Search, Patent Mining, Patent Portfolio Planning, Patent Application Strategy Formulation, Drafting Patent Application Documents, Preparing and Filing Patent Application (Including Domestic Patent Applications, PCT Applications and Foreign Patent Applications), Reporting and Responding to Office Action, Patent Administrative Reconsideration, Patent Reexamination, Patent Invalidation, Patent Administrative Litigation, Patent Validity Analysis, Free to Operation Analysis (FTO), Patent Maintenance, Intellectual Property Protection Strategy, Intellectual Property Training
1) In 2020 Mr. Ma was rated as the "Beijing Intellectual Property Service Leading Talent" by the Capital Intellectual Property Services Association.
2) Mr. Ma participated in the translation and proofreading of the book Case Law of the Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office (8th edition) published by the Intellectual Property Publishing House in 2020.
3) In 2019 Mr. Ma was engaged as the "Image Ambassador" by the organizing committee of the High-value Patents Cultivation and Layout Competition of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
4) In 2019 Mr. Ma delivered a speech entitled "High Value Patents Help Science and Innovation Development in the Greater Bay Area" at the Intellectual Property High-end Forum of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
5) In 2017 Mr. Ma delivered a speech entitled "Edge Tool Suitable for SMEs in Macao and Portuguese-speaking Countries to Quickly Obtain Intellectual Property Protection in the Mainland" at the Seminar on How Enterprises in Macao and Portuguese-speaking Countries can Obtain Intellectual Property Protection in the Mainland China.
6) In 2016 Mr. Ma delivered a speech entitled "Attaching Importance to Intellectual Property Protection and Helping Macao Enterprises to Improve" at the Seminar on How Macao's SMEs Acquire Intellectual Property Protection in the Mainland China.
7) In 2015 Mr. Ma participated in the project "Sampling Survey on the Distribution of PCT Users' Industries and Fields" of the China National Intellectual Property Administration.
1) Representing a Swedish telecom giant in handling a dozen of patent invalidation cases involving a lot of standard essential patents, and achieving satisfactory results to the client.
2) Representing an Irish biological company in handling a patent administrative reconsideration case involving that a PCT application could not enter the Chinese national phase, and finally succeeding in causing the CNIPA to revoke the relevant decision.
3) Representing a Japanese multinational company for prosecution of a Chinese divisional application for invention patent involving issues such as the amendments beyond the scope of the original disclosure, conducting a face-to-face interview with the examiner of the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA), and stating the relevant facts and reasons, so that the divisional application was finally allowed.
4) Coordinating and organizing the patent attorney responsible for an important invention patent application of a Chinese client to have a face-to-face interview with the examiner of the CNIPA to state the relevant facts and reasons in person, so that the application was finally allowed.
5) Coordinating and organizing a team to carry out systematic and comprehensive enterprise patent training for a Chinese client, and winning the praise from the client.
Member of the Standing Committee Q109 of the Chinese Group of AIPPI, Member of the Chinese Group of AIPPI, Member of Licensing Executives Society China, Member of All-China Patent Attorneys Association