Patent Team (Electronics, Electricity & Physics), Legal Service Team
Patent Attorney (2007)
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Information Engineering, Tongji University, 2003
Master of Science in Communication Engineering, Technical University of Munich, 2006
patent attorney in the Electronic and Electrical Department of CPA from 2007 to 2014
litigator in the Legal Affairs Department of CPA since 2015
Patent Agency, Legal Services
Manufacturing & Industrials, Automotive, Transportation & Logistics, Optics & Instruments, Healthcare Tech, Clean Energy & Advanced Materials, Consumer Goods & Smart Tech, Computer and Network Technology, Communication, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data, Semiconductors and Microelectronics, Image Processing, Optoelectronic Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering
Patent Search, Patent Mining, Patent Portfolio Planning, Patent Application Strategy Formulation, Patent Administrative Reconsideration, Patent Reexamination, Patent Invalidation, Patent Administrative Litigation, Patent Infringement Litigation, Patent Civil Litigation, Third Party Opinions/Public Opinions, Patent Validity Analysis, Patent Infringement Analysis, Free to Operation Analysis (FTO), Administrative Investigation and Handling of Patent Infringement, Patent Ownership Disputes, Patent Licensing/Assignment, Patent Pledge Registration, Copyright Recordation for Software, Customs Recordation of Intellectual Property Rights, Customs Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, Protection of Intellectual Property Rights at Exhibition, Intellectual Property Strategy Consulting, Intellectual Property Protection Strategy, Intellectual Property Training, Intellectual Property Assignment, Intellectual Property Licensing, Intellectual Property Operation, Intellectual Property Value Assessment, Intellectual Property-Related Legal Advice, Intellectual Property-Related Dispute Resolution, Negotiation, Mediation and Arbitration, Intellectual Property Infringement Risk Assessment, Intellectual Property Infringement Analysis, Intellectual Property Infringement Investigation, Intellectual Property Due Diligence, Intellectual Property Contract Drafting and Review, Risk Management and Loss Control, Intellectual Property -Related Notarization, Internet and Social Media Intellectual Property Protection, International Application of Industrial Designs under the Hague Agreement , Registration of Layout-Design of Integrated Circuits, Other Legal Matters Related to Intellectual Property
Dispute Resolution Star (Benchmark Litigation, 2021)
Recommended patent attorney (IAM 1000, 2022)
Recommended litigator (The Legal 500, 2022)
Article "Reward and remuneration for service invention", IAM & WTR 2022
Article "Analyzing non-infringement declaration litigation in China", MIP 2020
Several of Mr. Tang's winning cases were on the TOP-CASE Lists of the Supreme Court, Beijing High Court, Beijing IPR Court and the Patent Reexamination Board.
- Representing a leading Sweden telecommunication enterprise, handling the client's several rounds of serial patent invalidation cases/administrative lawsuits relevant to the global license of Standard Essential Patents, and acquiring dozens of winning administrative decisions/judicial judgements. One of the wining cases in which Mr. Tang acted as the leading attorney appeared in court has been chosen as a TOP CASE by courts at various levels (including the Supreme People's Court, the Beijing High Court).
- Representing a famous telecommunication enterprise from the Netherlands, handling the client's several rounds of serial patent infringement and patent invalidation cases/administrative lawsuits relevant to the global license of Standard Essential Patents (SEPs), wherein Mr. Tang has successfully warded off several rounds of invalidation challenges raised by competitors against the client's important patents as the leading attorney appeared in court for the client. One of the lawsuits won has been chosen as a TOP CASE regarding "the sufficient disclosure of the description" by Beijing Intellectual Property Court.
- Representing a US telecommunication enterprise, handling the client's several rounds of serial patent invalidation cases/administrative lawsuits relevant to the global license of Standard Essential Patents, wherein one of the winning decision has been chosen as a TOP CASE by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Representing a Japanese enterprise in lawsuits respectively before Beijing Intellectual Property Court and the Intellectual Property Court of the Supreme People's Court, winning the cases and protecting the client's legitimate rights and interests.
- Representing a leading European telecommunication enterprise, handling the client's patent reexamination cases/administrative lawsuits, wherein one of the winning cases in which Mr. Tang acted as the leading attorney appeared in court has been chosen as a TOP CASE by Beijing Intellectual Property Court.
All-China Patent Attorneys Association
Licensing Executive Society (LES) China
Chinese, English, German