Patent Team (Mechanics & Designs)
Patent Attorney (2007)
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Xiangtan University, 2003
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, 2006
Trained at a law firm in Virginia, USA in 2011
Joined China Sinda Ltd. as a patent engineer in 2006.
Became a patent attorney for China Sinda Ltd. in 2008.
Appointed as the deputy manager of the mechanical department at the company's Shenzhen Office in 2013
Serving as the deputy director of the Shenzhen Office, where I was in charge of the patent business for the office since 2020
Manufacturing & Industrials, Automotive, Transportation & Logistics, Optics & Instruments, Healthcare Tech, Clean Energy & Advanced Materials, Consumer Goods & Smart Tech
Patent Application Consultation, Patent Search, Patent Mining, Patent Application Procedure Management, Drafting Patent Application Documents, Preparing and Filing Patent Application (Including Domestic Patent Applications, PCT Applications and Foreign Patent Applications), Reporting and Responding to Office Action , Patent Reexamination, Patent Invalidation, Patent Administrative Litigation, Third Party Opinions/Public Opinions, Patent Validity Analysis, Patent Infringement Analysis
- Acted as the chief coordinator for a leading US Fortune 500 company, coordinating multiple CPA teams across mechanical, electrical, chemical and procedural departments to provide tailored services to the client;
- Received numerous commendations from clients and was requested by clients to serve as their designated attorney. In letters of commendation, clients wrote:
"…I request that the above referenced case instead is handled by Mr. Risong Xiao…I am used to Mr. Risong Xiao handling the cases where I am responsible attorney and I am always very satisfied with his assistance."
"… You are the responsible attorney for a number of Chinese cases that I am handling on behalf of my company, and I would like you to be the responsible attorney for all new Chinese cases handled by me since I prefer to correspond with one and the same person and I am very satisfied with you…"
- Acted for a Fortune 500 European manufacturing company in an invalidity defense case, appearing on behalf of the client in the first instance before the Beijing No. 1 Intermediate Court, the second instance before the Beijing Higher Court and the retrial before the Supreme Court;
- Acted for a Fortune 500 European manufacturing company in handling several invalidity defense cases and successfully maintaining the validity of the patents, and in handling several invalidity attack cases and successfully invalidating the patents;
- Acted for a famous American manufacturer of construction products in handling administrative appeals against a Reexamination decision, which decision was finally revoked after going through the first instance before the Beijing No. 1 Intermediate Court and the second instance before the Beijing Higher Court, with the patent application finally granted;
- Acted for an American elevator giant in a series of invalidity defense cases against competitors and successfully maintained the validity of the patents.
Member of All-China Patent Attorneys Association